Corning Electromatic 10-cup Immersible Percolator
If using the Kruve Coffee Sifter, we recommend using the 300 micron and 700 micron sieves (the larger being on the top tier). Sift the grounds for 45 seconds. Use only the top two tiers of the sifter and discard the bottom. Remember, this will cause you to lose some weight in your grounds, so be sure to start out grinding a few grams extra. Your final weight you still want to be 18-20 grams.
- Fill the percolator bowl to marking for desired number of servings (4-10) with fresh, cold water; then insert immersion heater. A coffee serving is 5 ounces of finished brew. The markings on the inside of the bowl are for 5.5 ounces of water per serving, not 8 ounces. This allows .5 ounces for absorption by the coffee grounds and for evaporation.
- Moisten the basket to help prevent fine grounds from going into the brew. Attach the basket to the pump by screwing the basket onto the pump stem until it clicks.
- Place the bottom of the pump stem into the heater base well. Press the basket down and slip under the clip on the heater arm.
- The ideal coffee ratio is 1.5-2 grams of whole bean coffee per 28 grams of water. Grind the desired amount on the medium/coarse setting and add to the basket.
- Holding the side of the basket, press down, tip slightly away from the clip. Fit the basket cover down into the basket and replace the basket and the cover under the clip.
- Line up the percolator cover openings with the pouring spout and the heater arm. Slip the flange of the cover under the top edge of the immersion heater. Press down firmly until the cover snaps into place.
- Plug the cord into place under the handle and connect the other end to the outlet. Place the percolator on the trivet. Perking begins within seconds and stops when the light goes on.
- The pump and the basket may be removed to prevent brew from passing through the basket and allowing sediment to get into the poured cup of brew. To remove, take off the percolator cover, then press down on the basket cover, tilting it away from the heater arm clip. Grasp the pump stem and lift up to remove. Then replace the percolator cover, making certain it snaps securely into place. The coffee will remain at serving temperature as long as the cord is connected.