Use 15-17 grams of coffee (drip grind).
If using the Kruve Coffee Sifter, we recommend using the 600 micron and 1200 micron sieves (the larger being on the top tier). Sift the grounds for 45 seconds. Use only the top two tiers of the sifter and discard the bottom. Remember, this will cause you to lose some weight in your grounds, so be sure to start out grinding a few grams extra. Your final weight you still want to be 15-17 grams.
- Boil water in a kettle and remove it from the stove.
- Grind whole bean coffee to a drip grind.
- Add water to the full line in the bottom part of the brewer.
- Place filter basket at the bottom of the brewer.
- Fill the basket with grinds to a slight mound and then level off. Make sure the edge is clear of any grounds.
- Twist the top and bottom parts together with hot pads or another form of heat protection.
- Place the brewer on the stove with medium flame, and leave the lid open to air out.
- Let the coffee flow up until it’s a yellow-orange color, then remove the brewer from the stove (still keeping hand protection In mind) and close lid.
- Run cold water over the bottom of the brewer.
- When coffee stops flowing up, pour, and enjoy.