- Prepare the Flair: Turn on Preheat System and set desired temperature. Insert portafilter for preheat by aligning it with the brew base and rotating the portafilter handle counterclockwise until it is firmly in place.
- Prepare the Portafilter: Boil water and grind 18-20 grams of freshly roasted beans with a burr grinder. Remove portafilter from brew base, add grounds and tamp. Add puck screen flat on top of tamped grounds and re-insert portafilter.
- Prepare the Brew Head: Start with the Flair 58 lever lowered and plunger valve at bottom of cylinder and pour enough water into the cylinder to cover the valve plunger. Prime the valve plunger by slightly moving the lever up and down to make sure water enters the valve. Fill brew cylinder with water raise lever slowly and water will pass through the valve into the brewing chamber.
- Brew your Espresso: Slowly lower lever to build pressure in the system and commence brewing. Aim for a duration of 30 – 35 seconds at 6-10 BARS. When desired shot weight/volume is reached, or lever is fully lowered, raise the lever back to starting position.
- Purge your System: Place an empty cup on drip tray to catch any remaining brew water. Expel remaining brew water by lowering lever all the way down to allow the remaining liquid to drain. To remove the portafilter for cleaning, simply rotate the portafilter clockwise to release.